Maxeda promotes the use of energy-saving lamps. Each of our store formats therefore has a wide range of energy-saving lamps available.
Some types of energy-saving lamps contain a very low amount of mercury. In normal conditions, it's highly unlikely that breaking the lamp will affect your health. However, we recommend that you take the following steps if the glass is broken:
- Keep children at a distance.
- Ventilate the room at least two times 15 minutes.
- Clean up the pieces of glass and put them in a closed bag.
- Avoid direct contact with skin.
- Avoid using a vacuum cleaner to clean up the pieces of glass.
You can drop off all old lamps at your Praxis, Formido, or Brico Plan-It store or at the municipal waste centre, because most of the materials from energy-saving lamps can be recycled.